“I don’t like tomatoes!!” my 4 year old will remind me when he sees this salad. But it’s cool. Because my Southwestern Cobb Salad is one of those easy-to-customize dinners AND the leftover Yogurt Ranch goes into his lunchbox as a dip for carrots.
Basically I feel like the smartest woman on Earth anytime I’ve got this meal going on.
In fact, I recently added it to a meal plan meant to support a good night’s sleep.
What does a Cobb salad have to do with sleep?
I’m amazed time and time again how my clients’ sleep improves when they start eating more homecooked, unprocessed food. While so many Americans are taking sleeping pills to get their snooze on, I just have to say…
Food makes a HUGE difference! But be careful. This ranch dressing can be addictive 😉
To watch, click play then use the button on the bottom right of video to turn on volume:
- 1 small head of romaine, escarole or any salad greens you like
- 4 sliced bacon (pre-cooked, crumbled)
- 4 eggs (hard boiled, sliced)
- ¾ cup black beans
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 avocado (chopped)
- 1 orange bell pepper
- ½ cup frozen corn (defrosted)
- ½ cup cilantro (chopped)
- FOR DRESSING
- 1½ cups plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1 tsp. salt
- Few cranks of black pepper
- Fill bowls with lettuce. Arrange other ingredients on top.
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Top salad with dressing and enjoy!