This Pomegranate & Kale Christmas Salad is a gorgeous, healthy addition to any holiday table. Obviously.
But it has a couple other key advantages…
1. This can be a meal.
If you are gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan or just don’t like your mother-in-law’s cooking…bring Christmas salad. It’s got protein and plenty of vegetables to count as a meal on its own, if necessary.
2. You just may get your Uncle Harold to eat kale.
All dressed up like this, even picky relatives may have a bite. You can high five yourself over this victory, even if political conversations with Uncle Harold are still a nightmare.
3. You actually have time for this.
Yeah, I know. You’re off to the office party and hoping those last minute Amazon-primed gifts actually arrive before Christmas. Luckily, this is a no-cook dish that you can make in two shakes of a reindeer’s tale.
- Juice of 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 Tbsp. mustard (add more for stronger flavor)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 generous cups chopped kale
- 3 mandarin oranges, peeled and separated
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup walnuts, crushed
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- Whisk together fresh lemon juice, mustard, and olive oil.
- Combine kale, mandarin slices and pomegranate seeds in a bowl.
- Just before serving, mix in dressing and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with walnuts and hemp seeds.