What are you hungry for? If you’re new around here, this is the first She’s Got Power book club meeting and our pick was Hunger by Roxanne Gay. This book gives perspective on what it’s like to be overweight and struggle with feeling seen and understood. In this episode, we dive into the topics that this book brings up including how our bodies (big or small or otherwise) are subject to commentary from others and how health issues can arise from trauma.
- This episode’s book club pick: Hunger by Roxane Gay on Amazon
- Next book club pick: The Middle Finger Project by Ash Ambirge on Amazon
- Episode mentioned: A Lifetime of Not Feeling Safe
- Get Michelle’s free Stress Assessment Quiz at https://shesgotpower.com/free
You’ll hear about:
- Why Michelle chose this book for the book club
- Using cravings as a tool to create a better life for yourself
- The next pick for the book club
If you enjoyed the audio version, be sure to subscribe to the She’s Got Power podcast on Apple or wherever you get your podcasts. Love what you hear? Please share with your friends and leave a review on iTunes so more women can finally overcome the health issues associated with chronic stress and burnout.